Pages

Jan 13, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Numbers

Waiting on Wednesday recognizes that we as bookies pine for books. This post is about what I am impatiently waiting for right now. It was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

Today's book is Numbers by Rachel Ward and is set to be released on February 1, 2010.

Whenever Jem meets someone new, no matter who, as soon as she looks into their eyes, a number pops into her head. That number is a date: the date they will die.

Burdened with such an awful awareness, Jem avoids relationships. Until she meets Spider, another outsider, and takes a chance. But while they’re waiting to ride the Eye Ferris wheel, Jem notices that all the other tourists in line flash the same number. Today’s number. Today’s date. Terrorists are going to attack London. Jem’s world is about to explode!
From Goodreads

How much would that burden suck! I think this is a very intriguing gift. It kind of reminds me of Kaylee in My Soul to Take except that Jem can potentially do something about the number she sees. This book has a lot of promise and I am hoping that it will live up to that promise.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Actually, I saw that book in a book store today. Maybe that was the British copy???

Emily said...

I agree that this book looks really interesting. The cover is very cool and look forward to getting my hands on this one. Good pick!

swiggett said...

ooo! Looking forward to Feb. 1st!