Pages

Mar 25, 2010

Shifters Series by Rachel Vincent Mini-Reviews Part 2

Welcome to Part 2 of my mini-reviews of Rachel Vincent's Shifters series. If you missed Part 1, check it out here. If you're ready though, go ahead and read below to find out more about the wonderful werecat world.

WARNING: I put these three in a separate post because they contain spoilers for the first three books. You've been warned!

Prey
After coming out on top during her trial, Faythe has returned to the Lazy S ranch once again, only this time it's without her exiled lover Marc. While it's hard on Faythe, she has her hands full with the protection of Kaci, Manx, and baby Des. Faythe is really trying to coax Kaci into understanding that her cat form is nothing to be ashamed or frightened of.

But when they come under attack by a huge pack of strays and then a Pride member is outright murdered on their own property, the Pride goes into a tizzy. Someone is pulling the strings on this operation and they're going to pay dearly, not only for their actions, but also for what their actions cause Faythe to do in her love life.

Shift
With a Pride member dead, the Pride gathers its allies at the ranch to prepare for the coming civil war. There is no other answer for what has occurred in their society. While her father is impeached from the territorial council, the South Central Pride is virtually cut off from everyone else. Which is why the Thunderbirds had no real trouble cornering them and beginning to pick them off one by one. Now the Pride is scrambling to bring them proof that they are not responsible for the death of the Thunderbirds' Flight member. Everyone is depending on Marc, Faythe, and Jace to keep their tempers in check and work together without tearing everything apart.

Alpha (set for release on October 1, 2010)
This is the blurb from the back cover. P.S. I am in LOVE with this cover. It's my favorite of them all!

YOU'VE GOT TO HAVE FAYTHE...

The unscrupulous new Council chair has charged Jace, Marc, and me with trespassing, kidnapping, murder, and treason. Yeah, we've been busy. But now it's time to take justice into our own hands. We must avenge my brother's death and carve out the rot at the heart of the Council.

It's not going to be easy, and loss seems unavoidable, but I have promised to protect my Pride, no matter what. With a target on my back and Marc at my side, I'm heading for a final showdown that can--that will--change everything forever. A showdown I'm not sure I'm ready for. But life never waits until you're ready. From Goodreads

So there you have it folks. Are you intrigued? If you haven't read one yet, go to your library and grab Stray. They're amazing and fantastic! I'm kind of sad to see the story end with Alpha, but Faythe's story can only go so far. Congratulations to Rachel Vincent for an incredible job well done. I can't wait to see where Faythe winds up!

No comments: