Pages

Mar 3, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: The Line

Waiting on Wednesday recognizes that we as bookies pine for books. This post is about what I am impatiently waiting for right now. It was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

The Line by Teri Hall is set to be released on March 4, 2010.

An invisible, uncrossable physical barrier encloses the Unified States. The Line is the part of the border that lopped off part of the country, dooming the inhabitants to an unknown fate when the enemy used a banned weapon. It’s said that bizarre creatures and superhumans live on the other side, in Away. Nobody except tough old Ms. Moore would ever live next to the Line.

Nobody but Rachel and her mother, who went to live there after Rachel’s dad died in the last war. It’s a safe, quiet life. Until Rachel finds a mysterious recorded message that can only have come from Away. The voice is asking for help.

Who sent the message? Why is her mother so protective? And to what lengths is Rachel willing to go in order to do what she thinks is right? From Goodreads

How awesome does that sound?! It's got some serious mystery to it that I find ridiculously appealing and a unique plot. Quartered off sections of the country that left those on the other side to fend for themselves? Sign me up for reading that book! Anyway, I am hoping that Rachel will be a strong, female heroine because those are my favorite types. Maybe she can go all "superhero"-ish and saves those on the other side. Who knows? Can't wait to read it!

2 comments:

brizmus said...

Is this really JUST coming out tomorrow? I have read so many reviews of it now that I was SURE it must have been out for ages! It looks great!

Miriam said...

It looks like a great book, full of mystery. It reminds me a bit of The Forest of the Hands and Teeth (just in the fact that there is a border they mustn't cross), but altogether sounds better. Please tell me it's not a series though - I have too many of those on my plate.