Pages

Apr 21, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Caleb + Kate

Waiting on Wednesday recognizes that we as bookies pine for books. This post is about what I am impatiently waiting for right now. It was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week's selection is Caleb + Kate by Cindy Martinusen-Coloma and is set to be released May 4, 2010 by Thomas Nelson.

Private school, rich friends, vacations in France--Kate has it all, except a belief in love.

When Kate's family purchases a hotel in the Pacific Northwest, she enters a world that is wholly unknown to her. She never has any privacy because of the constant flow of guests. And as the hotel owner's daughter, she struggles to make friends.

Then she meets Caleb, a strange combination of working-class, Hawaiian culture, and Christian bad boy. He talks about love in an all new way that she finds so alluring. But the two have nothing in common. He rarely smiles, rides a motorcycle with a rough crowd from town, and worst of all, he totally ignores Kate. But Kate has something that he needs and she resolves to prove to him that what she has doesn't define who she is.

From Goodreads

I always say I don't like romances and yet so many of them draw me in! I think it's the way many of them are portrayed. The love story is kind of in the background building up while they deal with one another. It reminds me of the Simone Elkeles books I love so much like Perfect Chemistry and Leaving Paradise. Kate sounds like a pompous brat, but hopefully that will be tamed by the fiery and fiestiness of Caleb. Woot for more realistic fiction!

So what are you waiting on?

1 comment:

brizmus said...

I'm the same way about romances. This one draws me in, too, though!

Check out my WoW here!