Pages

Jun 16, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Blindsided

Waiting on Wednesday recognizes that we as bookies pine for books. This post is about what I am impatiently waiting for right now. It was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I am really excited for the July 8th release of Blindsided by Priscilla Cummings. The summary sounds intriguing.

Blindsided
In many ways, Natalie O’Reilly is a typical fourteenyear- old girl. But a routine visit to the eye doctor produces devastating news: Natalie will lose her sight within a few short months.

Suddenly her world is turned upside down. Natalie is sent to a school for the blind to learn skills such as Braille and how to use a cane. Outwardly, she does as she’s told; inwardly, she hopes for a miracle that will free her from a dreaded life of blindness. But the miracle does not come, and Natalie ultimately must confront every blind person’s dilemma. Will she go home to live scared? Or will she embrace the skills she needs to make it in a world without sight?

From Goodreads

I can't imagine what it would be like to lose my sight. It's one thing if you've never seen anything, but to lose your sight after you've already grown up seeing things. I know I would be devastated if I couldn't ever see my husband's smile or a sunset ever again. I'm so ready to read this book!! What are you waiting on?

1 comment:

Bookalicious Ramblings said...

I haven't heard of this book before, but it sounds very interesting - great pick! :)