Pages

Dec 22, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Delirium

Waiting on Wednesday recognizes that we as bookies pine for books. This post is about what I am impatiently waiting for right now. It was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

I'm so stoked for the February 1st release of Delirium (Delirium #1) by Lauren Oliver. You all may remember that I wasn't the biggest fan (although it was still decent) of Lauren's first book Before I Fall. I must say that this one sounds even more amazing than her first novel!

Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love - the deliria - blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the governments demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.

But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.


I have to admit though, I already read this one. The ever-lovely Princess Bookie happened to have a copy on her tour site and I was luck enough to get a chance to read it. Should you want to read my review, you can do that here; or you can just go ahead & get this book because it is every bit as amazing as it seems! What are you waiting on this week?

1 comment:

Shannon The Bookstalker said...

I don't know of anyone who isn't waiting for this one, great pick and New follower!