Pages

Apr 28, 2011

Where do you get book news?

Book News
I don't claim to be an aficionado on anything, but I think I have a decent handle on a few great places to look for upcoming books. Obviously no one's omnipotent, but some of us have a better idea of where to look than others. Of course you can always stalk publisher websites, trolling for the newest catalog release and read authors' blogs & websites; but for the best bang-for-your-buck, my go to favorites are:

Book Divas A wonderful community for discussion, giveaways & interviews!
Book release dates at YA Lit
Shelf Awareness A daily e-mail newsletter (but you can also just look at it online) whose motto is "Daily enlightenment for the book trade." You'll find a plethora of articles about all sorts of book-related things. This is more for book sales than strictly upcoming releases.
IndieBound.org
TeenReads.com

Your local library is also a great place to find out about upcoming releases!! Most libraries order their books a few weeks to a few months in advance. As such, they can make really snazzy newsletters with the book information in them so that you know what you want to reserve before it's even released! This is my library's upcoming teen release page.

While my list is quite small, I'm always on the lookout to expand my sources. While I am on Twitter, there is so much going on that I tend to miss a lot of things because I can't possibly read every tweet. While it may work for some people, that option is kind of out for me.

What are some of your favorite places to look for upcoming book releases? Any favorite blogs, feeds, newsletters, websites, etc? Fire away in the comments!

2 comments:

Jeannine Garsee said...

I get more information from blogs than from anywhere else!

The Phantom Paragrapher said...

New Follower, I love Google Reader :)
www.thephantomparagrapher.blogspot.com