Today I am hosting an interview with Julie of My 5 Monkeys. She's a terrific mom to 4 girls & 1 boy and she still manages to find time to read & blog! Here's what she has to say:
1. Describe your blog in three words.
Fun, whimsical, positive
2. How did you stumble upon book blogging? Did your blog start out as something else & become about books or has it always been book-centered?
It started as a family blog but when I did some book reviews it slowly changed 2 years ago. I do post personal stuff about the kids once in a while.
3. Do you have a favorite book managing website? Goodreads, Shelfari, Librarything…? What makes it your favorite?
Goodreads because it is easy to add books that I want to read.
4. Which e-reader do you have & how does that compare to reading a print book?
I have a Kindle but it doesn't always compare to holding a book in my hand.
5. Do you participate in memes (Friday 5, Waiting on Wednesday, etc)? Do you have a favorite?
Well I do my own meme of Get to Know Book Bloggers and On Round 3. I participate in In My Mailbox by Krisiti and my own WOW is called Cover Lust.
6. What’s your favorite part about the book blogging community?
The great friends I have made..let me tell you a story..last year about this time was BEA, and I had a list of must reads. I have made a dear friend when she shared with me some books that I had to read from BEA.
7. Have you ever met an author? What was it like? Did you go fangirl or stay calm & cool?
I have met a local author and remained calm.
8. What does your family think of your blog? Do they ever help you with your reviews or layout?
My kids love when I post about them.My daughter M helps with some reviews of middle school books.
9. If you could have known only one thing that you know now, that you didn’t know when you started blogging, what would it be?
Social Media Experience -- I didn't know that I would have to have know all this to have a successful blog. It takes a lot of time to share and drive traffic to the blog. Oh Vlogging is fun , but I need do more of it.
You can find her at http://www.tableforseven-julie.blogspot.com/