Pages

Jun 22, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: The Day Before

Waiting on Wednesday recognizes that we as bookies pine for books. This post is about what I am impatiently waiting for right now. It was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

My interest is very much piqued by the promise in Lisa Schroeder's June 28th release of The Day Before. I have to admit that at first it sounds like a very intense book, but after mulling over the description a bit more, the book doesn't seem nearly as foreboding. What do you think?

Amber’s life is spinning out of control. All she wants is to turn up the volume on her iPod until all of the demands of family and friends fade away. So she sneaks off to the beach to spend a day by herself.

Then Amber meets Cade. Their attraction is instant, and Amber can tell he’s also looking for an escape. Together they decide to share a perfect day: no pasts, no fears, no regrets.

The more time that Amber spends with Cade, the more she’s drawn to him. And the more she’s troubled by his darkness. Because Cade’s not just living in the now—he’s living each moment like it’s his last.

From Goodreads

I don't know, something about this description just calls to me. Maybe I'm in an uncertain reading mood that just calls for an existential read. Or maybe I'm just drawn by the lack of detail. Either is possible really. :)

What are you waiting on this week?

3 comments:

Mary @ BookSwarm said...

I've heard amazing things about this one. Plus, Lisa Schroeder's great so it's definitely on my wishlist!
Nice pick--
Mary @ Book Swarm

Super Librarian said...

Great pick! I've read this one (thanks to GalleyGrab) and I LOVED it.

Here's my review if you're interested.
http://superlibrarian-super.blogspot.com/2011/06/review-day-before-by-lisa-schroeder.html

Faye( Ramblings of a Teenage Bookworm) said...

awesome pick! I read this one in like a day!