Pages

Aug 26, 2011

Help bring Monica of Bibliophilic Book Blog home!

I have to say that I am very happy to be part of such a wonderfully supportive community that really pulls together to make things happen. And while I don't normally do these kinds of things, Monica really deserves some help.

I'm here to bring you up to speed on what's happening with one of our very own. Monica of Bibliophilic Book Blog is in the Armed Forces & is currently stationed in South Korea. Due to unavoidable circumstances (i.e. her unit taking a ridiculously LONG TIME to officially approve her leave) she may be stuck in-country for her leave. She's even trying to sell her beloved iMac in order to get home. Plane tickets are now costing around $1600 & that's just not laying around because she used most of her savings to pay the vet bill when her cat almost died. Monica just can't seem to catch a break.

In order to get home for some well-deserved R&R Monica is asking that anyone who can spare anything to help her out. Times are tough all around, but I believe in our community. I have seen amazing things happen in short amounts of time & I really think we can do this. Her leave is from Sept 8-22, so the sooner we get started the better!

To donate you can send money via Paypal to meaghanstevens@gmail.com. This is Meaghan at A Book Worm's Haven's Paypal since Monica's isn't working. She trusts Meaghan implicitly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting points. Thanks!

My site:
preisvergleich internetanbieter www.dslvergleichdsl.com