Pages

Mar 14, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: The Springsweet (The Vespertine 2) by Saundra Mitchell

Waiting on Wednesday recognizes that we as bookies pine for books. This post is about what I am impatiently waiting for right now. It was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week I am truly thrilled to feature the next installment in The Vespertine series by Saundra Mitchell, The Springsweet (The Vespertine 2) due out April 17th (Happy Tax Day!). You all may remember that I hosted a week long celebration last year for The Vespertine because I was enamored with the book. While I doubt I will do anything like that again, I will enjoy reading about where the story goes from where we left it. MAJOR SPOILER WARNING, don't read the snipped below unless you want the first book ruined for you.

The Springsweet coverHeartbroken over the tragic death of her fiancé, seventeen-year-old Zora Stewart leaves Baltimore for the frontier town of West Glory, Oklahoma, to help her young widowed aunt keep her homestead going. There she discovers that she possesses the astonishing ability to sense water under the parched earth.

When her aunt hires her out as a“springsweet” to advise other settlers where to dig their wells, Zora feels the burden of holding the key to something so essential to survival in this unforgiving land. Even more, she finds herself longing for love the way the prairie thirsts for water. Maybe, in the wildness of the territories, Zora can finally move beyond simply surviving and start living.


From Goodreads


While a minimalist description, I have a feeling that Saundra Mitchell has something spectacular up her sleeve for us in this book. Zora is such a fiery gal that I'm quite intrigued as to what she's been up to. April 17th, hurry it up & get here!

What are you waiting on this week?

1 comment:

Lindsay Cummings author said...

I love saundra mitchell!!

stop by my blog? I have a ton of YA books with awesome covers! :)

http://www.lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/