Pages

Jun 20, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Fathomless (Fairytale Retellings #3) by Jackson Pearce

Waiting on Wednesday recognizes that we as bookies pine for books. This post is about what I am impatiently waiting for right now. It was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

It's no secret that I LOVE Jackson Pearce's fairytale retellings. Between Sisters Red & Sweetly, I absolutely cannot wait for Fathomless (Fairytale Retellings #3) to be release on September 4. As my birthday is on the 8th, I will be picking this one up as a birthday gift to myself. Check out the awesome summary below!

Fathomless cover
Celia Reynolds is the youngest in a set of triplets and the one with the least valuable power. Anne can see the future, and Jane can see the present, but all Celia can see is the past. And the past seems so insignificant -- until Celia meets Lo.

Lo doesn't know who she is. Or who she was. Once a human, she is now almost entirely a creature of the sea -- a nymph, an ocean girl, a mermaid -- all terms too pretty for the soulless monster she knows she's becoming. Lo clings to shreds of her former self, fighting to remember her past, even as she's tempted to embrace her dark immortality.

When a handsome boy named Jude falls off a pier and into the ocean, Celia and Lo work together to rescue him from the waves. The two form a friendship, but soon they find themselves competing for Jude's affection. Lo wants more than that, though. According to the ocean girls, there's only one way for Lo to earn back her humanity. She must persuade a mortal to love her . . . and steal his soul.


From Goodreads 

I'm really excited to see Celia in this one. I love that the Reynolds kids are a binding agent in these books, but this is the first time we've met a gal from the family. I'm not the biggest fan of mermaids, even though I tried a few of those popular books last year. I have a feeling though that Ms. Pearce will bring what is necessary to grasp my attention.

What are you waiting on this week?

4 comments:

Kami said...

I haven't heard of these before! I love re-tellings and all things fairy tale! I'm going to look into this!!

loreleimarsh said...

You really should! Her work is phenomenal!

The Insouciant Sophisticate said...

I don't really like this new cover design, preferring the original ones. And I'm also not a big fan of mermaids but this could be the book to change my mind!

-Bookworm1858

loreleimarsh said...

I feel ya Bookworm. I preferred the original style & am kind of disappointed that they didn't even make one like that for this book. Oh well. At least we have the others. :)