Pages

Jun 12, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Replica by Jenna Black

Waiting on Wednesday recognizes that we as bookies pine for books. This post is about what I am impatiently waiting for right now. It was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

I must admit that I've had Jenna Black's Glimmerglass sitting on my shelf for over a year waiting to be read. I always seem to find a reason to put it further down on my pile, but this book may change that. My reading style tends to either follow series or follow authors. Maybe if this is as awesome as it's promising to be, then I'll go back and read the book I already own. :)  Replica is scheduled to be released on July 16. Check out the synopsis below!


Replica cover Sixteen-year-old Nadia Lake comes from a high-class Executive family in the Corporate States. Her marriage has been arranged with the most powerful family in her state, which means she lives a life of privilege but also of public scrutiny, followed everywhere by photographers, every detail of her private life tabloid fodder. But her future is assured, as long as she can maintain her flawless public image — no easy feat when your betrothed is a notorious playboy.

Nathan Hayes is the heir of Paxco — controller of the former state of New York, and creator of human replication technology, science that every state and every country in the world would kill to have. Though Nadia and Nate aren’t in love, they’ve grown up close, and they (and the world) are happy enough with their match.

Until Nate turns up dead, and as far as everyone knows, Nadia was the last person to see him alive.

When the new Nate wakes up in the replication tanks, he knows he must have died, but with a memory that only reaches to his last memory backup, he doesn’t know what killed him. Together, Nadia and Nate must discover what really happened without revealing the secrets that those who run their world would kill to protect.


From Goodreads

This just has all sorts of potential! I like the science fiction element as well as the authoritarian government angle. It seems to portray a slightly different society than one normally encounters in these types of books. It almost sounds like it would mesh well with Lauren Oliver's society in Delirium. I am truly hoping for some dynamic characters and some good sleuthing! 

What else does this book remind you of? What new releases are you eagerly awaiting?

1 comment:

The Insouciant Sophisticate said...

I love that the MC's name is Nadia as that's one of my best friend's name and I recently had a flirtation with a guy named Nate-love that they're ordinary names and not some of the weird ones I've seen.