Pages

Jul 17, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: The Shade of the Moon (The Last Survivors #4) by Susan Beth Pfeffer

Waiting on Wednesday recognizes that we as bookies pine for books. This post is about what I am impatiently waiting for right now. It was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

So by now I'm sure we all know that I love a good series. Even more so, I love a good apocalypse. Maybe that's why I'm drawn to shows like Supernatural, Buffy, & Revolution. Either way, I'm happy to report that one of the best apocalyptic book series is getting another installment. The Last Survivors series by Susan Beth Pfeffer is dynamic in a way that I have yet to see replicated in anything else. The Shade of the Moon , the fourth installment, is set to land on shelves this August 13. I for one can't wait to see what's happening in this engrossing world. Spoiler warning shouldn't be necessary, but I do like to be courteous. 


The Shade of the Moon cover
The eagerly awaited addition to the series begun with the New York Times best-seller Life As We Knew It, in which a meteor knocks the moon off its orbit and the world changes forever.

It's been more than two years since Jon Evans and his family left Pennsylvania, hoping to find a safe place to live, yet Jon remains haunted by the deaths of those he loved. His prowess on a soccer field has guaranteed him a home in a well-protected enclave. But Jon is painfully aware that a missed goal, a careless word, even falling in love, can put his life and the lives of his mother, his sister Miranda, and her husband, Alex, in jeopardy. Can Jon risk doing what is right in a world gone so terribly wrong?


From Goodreads


I for one am really interested to finally hear about some sort of settlement that isn't individualized. For the most part we've been following this family's saga as it unfolded at their home. While things started looking up towards the end of the last book, I was hoping that something new would happen and it seems I'm getting my wish. The interpersonal dynamics are sure to make this a fun read. 

Have you read this series? Do you have any favorite apocalyptic books? What are you waiting on this week?

3 comments:

Kapri (Book Fanatics) said...

I'm so excited for this book! I love this series

loreleimarsh said...

Me too! I had heard about it, but didn't actually read it until late 2011 & was afraid we'd never get another installment.

The Insouciant Sophisticate said...

I'm not familiar with this series but I've seen it a lot around the blogosphere; definitely one I'll want to try!