Pages

Dec 30, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday recognizes that we as bookies pine for books. This post is about what I am impatiently waiting for right now. It was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week's choice is a day late of the release, but I'm still really excited! My Soul to Save by Rachel Vincent. This is the second book in the Screamers series, the first being My Soul to Take, so obviously there may be spoilerish stuff below.

“If she were going to die, I’d already be screaming. I’m a banshee. That’s what we do.”

The last thing Kaylee needs right now is to be skipping school, breaking her dad’s ironclad curfew and putting her boyfriend’s loyalty to the test. But starry-eyed teens are trading their souls for a flickering lifetime of fame and fortune in exchange for eternity in the Netherworld — a consequence they can’t possibly understand. Kaylee can’t let that happen, even if trying to save their souls means putting her own at risk....
From Goodreads

I absolutely devoured My Soul to Take and I was fortunate enough to score a copy of My Soul to Save at the local book store with my Christmas gift cards. Rachel Vincent has a magnetic writing style that I can't seem to move away from and I truly hope she keeps it up. If you haven't checked her books out yet, you should definitely get on that. She has the Soul Screamers YA series and then she has an adult werecat series along the same lines as Patricia Briggs's Mercy Thompson series.

No comments: