Pages

Apr 6, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: But I Love Him

Waiting on Wednesday recognizes that we as bookies pine for books. This post is about what I am impatiently waiting for right now. It was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

The book I'm featuring today is very close to my heart & something I think needs to be handled with delicate care. But I Love Him by Amanda Grace (real name Mandy Hubbard) is set to be released May 8th and is centered around an amazingly intelligent & centered girl who falls for a great guy. And then he changes.

But I Love Him coverTonight was so much worse than anything before it.
Tonight he didn't stop after the first slap.

At the beginning of senior year, Ann was a smiling, straight-A student and track star with friends and a future. Then she met a haunted young man named Connor. Only she can heal his emotional scars; only he could make her feel so loved-and needed. Ann can't recall the pivotal moment it all changed, when she surrendered everything to be with him, but by graduation, her life has become a dangerous high wire act. Just one mistake could trigger Connor's rage, a senseless storm of cruel words and violence damaging everything-and everyone-in its path.

This evocative slideshow of flashbacks reveals a heartbreaking story of love gone terribly wrong.


I have a feeling that this is going to be an emotional & rocky book to read, but I think it will give a voice to those wonderful young ladies wondering if what's happening is normal. I am a mood-reader by nature, and while I don't think I'll ever be "in the mood" to read this, I look forward to seeing how the author portrays this story. What are you waiting on this week?

No comments: