Pages

Aug 31, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon

Waiting on Wednesday recognizes that we as bookies pine for books. This post is about what I am impatiently waiting for right now. It was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon is due to come out on October 4th. I am positively salivating to read this book. I love books set in Ireland & this oozes of a powerful mystery that I revel in. Read on:

Their love was meant to be.

When Megan Rosenberg moves to Ireland, everything in her life seems to fall into place. After growing up in America, she's surprised to find herself feeling at home in her new school. She connects with a group of friends, and she is instantly drawn to darkly handsome Adam DeRĂ­s.

But Megan is about to discover that her feelings for Adam are tied to a fate that was sealed long ago—and that the passion and power that brought them together could be their ultimate destruction.

From Goodreads


I know you're probably thinking that this sounds a lot like Angelfire and Falling Under that I was only lukewarm about. While I think they have some characteristics in common, I think that this one might be more up my alley. I seem to have become more particular in my reading tastes lately & Carrier of the Mark just seems to fit the bill a little better than these others. What do you think? What are you waiting on this week?

No comments: