Pages

Mar 23, 2012

The day has finally arrived... The Hunger Games have begun

The Hunger Games posterProvided you haven't been living under a rock for the last few months (or even the last week) you know that today is opening day for The Hunger Games movie. I have been a fan of the books since early 2009, before I even started this blog. My thoughts on the first book are minimal because it was one of the first reviews I wrote. I have watched this phenomenon explode from the very beginning & I am very happy to say that I am pleased with the way things have gone.
Katniss firing arrow
I think this movie will be one of the better book-to-film adaptations we've seen in a long while. Everything we've seen so far has kept the heart of the story intact & on the right track. Personally, my favorite part of the film is the fact that it was filmed in my home state. North Carolina isn't the first place people often think of in terms of lush forests & breath-taking scenery, but she's a hidden beauty & I think the film showcases that.

So here's to the beginning of a great series! May the odds be ever in your favor.


No comments: