Pages

Apr 11, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Purity by Jackson Pearce

Waiting on Wednesday recognizes that we as bookies pine for books. This post is about what I am impatiently waiting for right now. It was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

So, I've been waiting quite a while to pick up something else by Jackson Pearce. I've tried her non-Fairytale Retelling books before and just never seemed to be able to get into them. This book is sure to remedy that issue. Purity, set for an April 24th release, is going to rock my work... I seriously hope.

Purity coverA novel about love, loss, and sex -- but not necessarily in that order.

Before her mother died, Shelby promised three things: to listen to her father, to love as much as possible, and to live without restraint. Those Promises become harder to keep when Shelby's father joins the planning committee for the Princess Ball, an annual dance that ends with a ceremonial vow to live pure lives -- in other words, no "bad behavior," no breaking the rules, and definitely no sex.

Torn between Promises One and Three, Shelby makes a decision -- to exploit a loophole and lose her virginity before taking the vow. But somewhere between failed hookup attempts and helping her dad plan the ball, Shelby starts to understand what her mother really meant, what her father really needs, and who really has the right to her purity.

From Goodreads


Given her ability to spin a tale so imaginative it blows my mind, I'm curious to see if she can pull the same feat in the mundane world. Don't get me wrong, her other books were well done, they just weren't my cup of tea. This though seems to rank right up there with Pure by Terra Elan McVoy, the ever lovely author who inspired me to start this blog. I'm sure you'll be hearing all about my findings once I get my hands on the book.

What are you waiting on this week?

No comments: