Pages

May 16, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Soulbound (Legacy of Tril #1) by Heather Brewer

Waiting on Wednesday recognizes that we as bookies pine for books. This post is about what I am impatiently waiting for right now. It was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

I'm a bit ashamed to admit, but I haven't read Heather Brewer's Vlad Tod series. *waits for gasps to dissipate* Honestly they just never made it up high enough on my priority list. That will most certainly not be the case for Soulbound set for a July 5 release. This book looks incredibly enticing! I'm sure no one wants to hear the comparison, but I think this book calls to me the same way that Rachel Hawkins' Hex Hall series calls to me. Check out the summary!

Soulbound coverWhat's worse than being blackmailed to attend a hidden school where you're treated like a second-class citizen? How about nearly getting eaten by a monster when you arrive? Or learning that your soulmate was killed in a centuries-old secret war? And then there's the evil king who's determined to rule the world unless you can stop him...

Meet Kaya, a young woman with the power to heal and the determination to fight. But struggle as she will, she remains tied to three very different men: a hero who has forsaken glory, a tyrannical ruler who wants to use Kaya, and a warrior who's stolen her heart. Kaya learns the hard way that some ties can't be broken...and blood is the strongest bond of all.


From Goodreads 

How fabulously interesting does that sound? I'm sure there will be some serious world-building that I intend on losing myself in, not to mention the rectangle of relationship confusion mentioned there at the end. Always a fan of the kick-ass heroines, I'm curious to see just which kind of heroine Kaya ends up becoming. 

What are you waiting on this week?

No comments: