Pages

May 8, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Insomnia (The Night Walkers #1) by J.R. Johansson

Waiting on Wednesday recognizes that we as bookies pine for books. This post is about what I am impatiently waiting for right now. It was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

By now I'm sure some of you have noticed I love me some series. Unfortunately so many of them are ending soon so I'm always on the lookout for something new. Insomnia, the first book in The Night Walkers series, by J.R. Johansson isn't set to release until June 8th, but I think it will be worth the wait. This sounds like such an interesting premise that I have feeling I'll finish it in no time flat.

Insomnia coverIt’s been four years since I slept, and I suspect it is killing me.

Instead of sleeping, Parker Chipp enters the dream of the last person he’s had eye contact with. He spends his nights crushed by other people’s fear and pain, by their disturbing secrets—and Parker can never have dreams of his own. The severe exhaustion is crippling him. If nothing changes, Parker could soon be facing psychosis and even death.

Then he meets Mia. Her dreams, calm and beautifully uncomplicated, allow him blissful rest that is utterly addictive. Parker starts going to bizarre lengths to catch Mia’s eye every day. Everyone at school thinks he’s gone over the edge, even his best friend. And when Mia is threatened by a true stalker, everyone thinks it’s Parker.

Suffering blackouts, Parker begins to wonder if he is turning into someone dangerous. What if the monster stalking Mia is him after all?


From Goodreads
Can you imagine that? If I had to suffer through the dreams of the last person I made contact with that day it wouldn't necessarily be all that bad since I always see my husband last, but if you saw someone different every single day that would be a nightmare! Even more fascinating is how this girl can manage such placid dreams so often that Parker doesn't want to be anywhere else. While I hope he isn't the stalker, I have a feeling that this is one of those books that we won't know the truth anytime soon; and I'm okay with that. What do you think? What books are you looking forward to reading?

1 comment:

The Insouciant Sophisticate said...

This book looks so dark and creepy-I'm not sure it's my kind of read but I want to give it a try!