Words cannot adequately explain how intrigued I am by Josin L. McQuein's
Premeditated that is set for an October 8 debut! While I prefer the minimalist Goodreads summary, I have also provided the Amazon summary to help you get a better clue as to what will be happening in this story.
- A week ago, Dinah’s cousin Claire cut her wrists.
- Five days ago, Dinah found Claire’s diary and discovered why.
- Three days ago, Dinah stopped crying and came up with a plan.
- Two days ago, she ditched her piercings and bleached the black dye from her hair.
- Yesterday, knee socks and uniform plaid became a predator’s camouflage.
- Today, she’ll find the boy who broke Claire.
- By tomorrow, he’ll wish he were dead.
If you enjoyed Jay Asher's Thirteen Reasons Why, you will race through the pages of this YA novel as 17-year old Dinah pieces together the mystery that surrounds the near death of her 14-year old cousin Claire.
While Claire is holding on her for her life in the hospital, Dinah goes in search of the boy Claire writes about in her journal. The boy who forced her to do something she didn't want to do. The boy who caused her such humiliation that the thought of having to live one more day was just too much.
Dinah is on a mission for revenge, but as things start to unfold, her plan isn't as simple as it seemed.
There are so many questions that I don't even know where to begin! While I'm sure we've all had revenge scenarios play out in our minds, I don't think I've ever seen one presented this way. Normally we see the victim avenging themselves, but I think I like the idea of someone doing the avenging for them; especially in the type of scenario that I'm perceiving here. Either way, I seriously can't wait to since into this book!
Have any of you read it? What are you waiting on this week?