Pages

Nov 25, 2009

2010 YA Debut Author Challenge

This sounds like a fun challenge and one that I can easily accomplish as I already want to read these books. I'm not setting any outlandish goals, but I will be picking up a few more challenges for 2010. The big goal I have is to read (at least) 150 books in 2010. I think I can do it easily as I should have finished 75 by the end of this year without even trying too hard.

My List
  1. 13 to Life by Shannon Delany
  2. 13 Treasures by Michelle Harrison (Read review here)
  3. A Blue So Dark by Holly Schindler
  4. A Life Revealed by Suzi Katz
  5. A Little Wanting Song by Cath Crowley
  6. Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin
  7. All Unquiet Things by Anna Jarzab
  8. Angel Star by Jennifer Murgia
  9. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver (Read review here)
  10. Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves
  11. Claire de Lune by Christine Johnson
  12. Crossing the Tracks by Barbara Stuber
  13. Dark Life by Kat Falls
  14. Dirty Little Secrets by C.J. Omololu
  15. Feed by Mira Grant
  16. Firespell by Chloe Neill
  17. Glimmerglass by Jenna Black
  18. Harmonic Feedback by Tara Kelly
  19. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins (Read review here)
  20. In a Heartbeat by Loretta Ellsworth (Read review here)
  21. Invisible Girl by Mary Hanlon Stone
  22. Magic Under Glass by Jaclyn Dolamore (Read review here)
  23. Mieradome by Kate Hegarty
  24. Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
  25. Of All The Stupid Things by Alexandra Diaz (Read review here)
  26. Other by Karen Kincy
  27. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
  28. Party by Tom Leveen
  29. Restoring Harmony by Joƫlle Anthony (Read review here)
  30. Shadow Hills by Anastasia Hopcus
  31. Split by Swati Avasthi
  32. Swoon at Your Own Risk by Sydney Salter
  33. Tell Me A Secret by Holly Cupala
  34. The Best and Hardest Thing by Pat Brisson
  35. The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
  36. The Cinderella Society by Kay Cassidy
  37. The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
  38. The Deathday Letter by Shaun Hutchinson
  39. The DUFF by Kody Keplinger
  40. The Iron King by Julie Kwaga
  41. The Line by Teri Hall (read)
  42. The Lonely Hearts Club by Elizabeth Eulberg (Read review here)
  43. The Mark by Jen Nadol (Read review here)
  44. The Secret Year by Jennifer Hubbard (Read review here)
  45. The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson (Read review here)
  46. The Tension of Opposites by Kristina McBride
  47. The Turning Book 1: What Curiosity Kills by Helen Ellis
  48. Three Rivers Rising by Jame Richards (Read)
  49. Wereling by Steve Feasy
  50. Whisper by Phoebe Kitanidis (Read review here)
  51. Wolves, Boys and Other Things That Might Kill Me by Kristen Chandler
Total read so far: 14/52

You can sign up for the challenge here and find the information about the challenge below.

What is the 2010 Debut Author Challenge?
  • The objective is to read a set number of YA (Young Adult) or MG (Middle Grade) novels from debut authors published this year.* I'm going to challenge everyone to read at least 12 debut novels! I’m hoping to read at least 30! You don’t have to list your choices right away, but if you do feel free to change them throughout the year. I will also be focusing on mostly Young Adult novels.
  • Anyone can join, you don’t need a blog to participate. If you don’t have a blog you can always share your views by posting a review on Amazon.com/BarnesandNoble.com/GoodReads/Shelfari, or any other bookish site.
  • The challenge will run from January 1, 2010- December 31, 2010. You can join at anytime!
* I would like to limit the novels to those released in 2010.

You’ll have to do all the research to make sure a novel meets the criteria for the challenge. I do have a few sites that can help with your search; 2010: A Book Odyssey, AuthorsNow & The Class of 2k10 (website to be launched).
-From TheStorySiren

So will you be joining the many other participants this year?

6 comments:

Bleuette said...

Sounds Great! Thanks for sharing!:)

http://fantasysink.blogspot.com/

the story siren said...

YAY! Thanks for joining the challenge! It's going to be so much fun! And what a great list! Happy reading!

Jame said...

Thanks for including Three Rivers Rising! Hope you enjoy it!

Karen Kincy said...

Hey, I see my debut! Thanks so much!

Have a random party favor of sorts from my website. ;)

www.karenkincy.com/page_id=659

Karen Kincy

Karen Kincy said...

Thanks so much for including OTHER on your list! Have a rummage through my virtual party favors: www.karenkincy.com/?page_id=659.

Karen Kincy

Unknown said...

That's a great challenge! I'll definitely make it part of my goal this year to read 500 books. They all need to be books I haven't read before, so many with be new releases. Feel free to check in and see how I do. I'd love to recommend some great books!