Pages

Oct 28, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday recognizes that we as bookies pine for books. This post is about what I am impatiently waiting for right now. It was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week's selection is Splendor: A Luxe Novel by Anna Godbersen. It is the 4th, and final, book in the Luxe series coming out November 1, 2009. Be forewarned! As this is the 4th book in a series, major spoilers follow if you haven't read the rest of the series yet. Check here for my post on the series in general (without spoilers) and the first book The Luxe. You have been warned.


Splendor Cover

It’s a new year, and Manhattan’s favorite socialites are stirring up brand-new drama: Elizabeth uncovers a dangerous secret from her past; Diana has an opportunity to follow her heart—and claim her future, Lina discovers money can buy happiness…for a time, and Penelope finds that life without Henry brings unexpected pleasures. In this dramatic conclusion to the bestselling Luxe series, old ties are broken, fresh bonds are formed, and every decision comes at a cost.
-From Goodreads

I love historical fiction! As a genre, it is my favorite. My preferred time period is WWII, especially surrounding the Holocaust, but this book series opened my eyes to new possibilities. Now I am not a big fan of cattiness, there is something about the cattiness of this time period that appeals to me. Maybe it is because taunts are not blatant, but more subdued. I don't need things spelled out for me and this story allows you to discover what is going on with the characters. A very engaging and mesmeric storyline that will keep you guessing at every turn, I am impatiently awaiting its release. Hopefully it will come out in a box set soon so I can buy them all at once!

No comments: